Fennel Waldorf Salad
“The old standby Waldorf salad is simply too good to let slip away! Here's a new slant featuring fresh fennel. Try Braeburn apples for a fresh, crisp flavor.” Donna Noel - Gray Maine
Total TimePrep/Total time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fennel bulb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced apples
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine fennel and apples. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, onion and salt. Pour over fennel mixture and toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fennel Waldorf Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.