Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Add the milk, shortening, eggs, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (mixture will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 portions. Divide each portion into three pieces; shape each into a ball. Place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-3/4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 19, 2014
I've made these rolls forever. family and friends always want me to bring them.
Apr 1, 2012
Very good recipe, family loved the rolls
Jan 9, 2011
these turn out perfectly every time
Nov 15, 2009
these rolls are the best and the recipe is accurate, and simple to prepare! Thanks so much for them, we make them all the time.
Apr 5, 2008
These are truly the best rolls in the world! You will not be disappointed. Also very simple to make.