- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to 3/8-in. thickness; cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: about 10.
Reviews forFavorite Yeast Rolls
"My husband's favorite dinner rolls!"
"This is pretty much my go-to roll recipe now--it's very quick to make--1.5 hrs. start to finish. I do not roll mine out, I simply divide the dough into 12/13 pieces & shape into balls. I place them about 3/4" apart as I prefer my rolls to touch so we can pull them apart hot out of the oven!"
"great recipe, I don't have a biscuit cutter so just cut out squares with a knife and they still turned out great, had to rise a little longer than called for, but other than that they were wonderful."
"easiest roll recipe and delicious my family loved"