This fresh-tasting salad is such a treat! I especially like to serve it in the summer when it's too hot to cook. You can also use it as a sandwich filling or stuffed into pita bread. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 radicchio or other lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (save remaining juice for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, apple, grapes, celery, onions and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, curry, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Fold into turkey mixture. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Turkey Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p30
Reviews forFavorite Turkey Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012 Edited Jul. 3, 2014
"Have made this several times, family loves it, and when I have brought it to share, there's never any left! Usually, I'm asked for the recipe. I have left out the grapes."