Favorite Turkey Salad
This fresh-tasting salad is such a treat! I especially like to serve it in the summer when it's too hot to cook. You can also use it as a sandwich filling or stuffed into pita bread. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 radicchio or other lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (save remaining juice for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, apple, grapes, celery, onions and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, curry, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Fold into turkey mixture. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.
Jul 13, 2012
Have made this several times, family loves it, and when I have brought it to share, there's never any left! Usually, I'm asked for the recipe. I have left out the grapes.