Favorite Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 14 cups
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 can (10 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place a third on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes; stir and bake for 6 minutes more. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 377 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2019
This is delicious and so easy to make! I used pretzel knots instead of sticks because I prefer those, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. I made it for a church fellowship and it was a big hit! Love the sweet and salty combination-a fun change of pace from typical more savory snack mix.
Jul 11, 2010
SO TASTY! Super easy to make and cheap! I sprinkle more brown sugar on the mix when I put each part in the pan before going in the oven, not making it better in cals for you but definitely better tasting!!
Jul 16, 2009
too high in cal.
Apr 7, 2009
I substitute Life cereal, and use butter-flavored round pretzels. Yummy.
Jun 18, 2008
I brought this to a potluck and it got gobbled up.