Favorite Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows, halved
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, milk and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coasts the back of a metal spoon. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir into marshmallows.
- In a bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Add fruit; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 203 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2015
The recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. ground mustard. Is this the powdered (spice section) mustard or is it the prepared mustard that you use on hot dogs, etc? Thanks.........
Jun 3, 2009
Took this to a graduation party and got rave reviews. The salad tasted just a little tart to me, so I just added a little more confectioners' sugar. It turned out great!
Apr 18, 2008
Thank you jeanbeatty, I like your recipe better. Sue
Apr 18, 2008
I make this same recipe, only I use 16 oz sour cream instead of heavy cream, and let it sit over night.