Favorite Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat in the egg, egg white and sour cream on low speed just until combined. Beat in chocolate mixture until smooth. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg white and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- Spread chocolate batter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drop the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 95 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 11, 2013
These are very good - nice treat without all the guilt. I only made 1/2 the recipe in a 9x9, but will be making the whole recipe again.
Jul 6, 2012
Love these. Great treat for the chocolate and cream cheese lovers.
Feb 11, 2011
My family and friends love these bars!
Dec 6, 2010
These brownies have great taste and texture. Do not skip the chocolate chips or the cream cheese. They're what make them taste rich.
Jun 29, 2008
Apr 12, 2008
This is the one in the magazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.