- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1-1/2 squares (1-1/2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add egg, egg white and sour cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg white and vanilla; set aside.
- Spread chocolate batter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drop the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forFavorite Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
"These are very good - nice treat without all the guilt. I only made 1/2 the recipe in a 9x9, but will be making the whole recipe again."
"Love these. Great treat for the chocolate and cream cheese lovers."
"My family and friends love these bars!"
"These brownies have great taste and texture. Do not skip the chocolate chips or the cream cheese. They're what make them taste rich."
"This is the one in the magazine"