Favorite Macaroon Kisses
These cookies are a holiday favorite around our house. You can top them off with cherries or chocolate—or some of each! —Alice McTarnaghan, Castleton, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Candied cherries and/or chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, extract and juice. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place a cherry or chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 184 calories, 11g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Macaroon Kisses in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1