- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cook on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Lemon Cheesecake
"This cheesecake is so refreshing. The lemon flavor is perfectly balanced with the sweetness."