A homemade chocolate crush complements the light lemon flavor of this delectable little dessert from Cathy Chan of Calgary, Alberta. "One of my friends gave me the recipe, which is perfect for birthday dinners, anniversaries...just about any occasion," she relates.
Recommended: 32 Fabulous Easter Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cook on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cheesecake in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p53
Reviews forFavorite Lemon Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"This cheesecake is so refreshing. The lemon flavor is perfectly balanced with the sweetness."