Favorite Ice Cream Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Red, orange, and yellow M&M's minis
- 1. Using a pencil, draw two 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, butter and honey until blended. Add flour; mix well (batter will be thick). Spread 1 tablespoon of batter over each circle.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes. Loosen each cookie and curl around a rolling pin to form a taco shell. Cool completely before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring; add coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint. Fill taco shells with ice cream; garnish with whipped topping, coconut and M&M's. Yield: 16 tacos.
1 each: 281 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Ice Cream Tacos
"these were fun and relatively easy. We had them for April Fools day after a mexican meal! Very good too!"
"We had a great time making these, we substituted chocolate chips form the coconut. Yum!!"
"These tacos were a fun ending to a great Mexican meal! They were delicious to eat and oh so fun to make!"
"Rolled mine over an empty paper towel roll to create a tighter "fold" Still a great presentation and reduced calories by using less ice cream"
"Very good. Can't wait for my grandkids to try it!!"