Favorite Ice Cream Tacos
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Red, orange, and yellow M&M's minis
- Using a pencil, draw two 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, butter and honey until blended. Add flour; mix well (batter will be thick). Spread 1 tablespoon of batter over each circle.
- Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes. Loosen each cookie and curl around a rolling pin to form a taco shell. Cool completely before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring; add coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint. Fill taco shells with ice cream; garnish with whipped topping, coconut and M&M's.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2015
these were fun and relatively easy. We had them for April Fools day after a mexican meal! Very good too!
Mar 31, 2014
We had a great time making these, we substituted chocolate chips form the coconut. Yum!!
Apr 3, 2012
These tacos were a fun ending to a great Mexican meal! They were delicious to eat and oh so fun to make!
Apr 1, 2012
Rolled mine over an empty paper towel roll to create a tighter "fold" Still a great presentation and reduced calories by using less ice cream
Apr 1, 2012
Very good. Can't wait for my grandkids to try it!!