- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
"This dip is wonderful! Made as directed, except I used regular cream cheese and regular shredded sharp cheddar instead of low fat. Everyone loved it. It was especially good spread on bagels the next morning! I've made many spinach dips over the years and this one's a definite keeper!Volunteer Field Editor"
"I've made this a few times--Good and not greasy. I used fat free cheddar, Neufch?tel cheese and fat free sour cream. My husband thought it tasted like the dip at a nearby restaurant. I also used dried spinach this most recent time making it because that's what I had on hand--made it much easier. Also, I put in garlic too, and I liked the flavor even better but it is optional. Either way is good."
"I usually serve this as a vegetable dish with dinner when we have guests. It is always a success and the only way one of our close friends will eat spinach. He always has more than one helping. It is really one of our favorite side dishes and goes great with steak, salmon or roast beef or just about anything. The only low fat items I use are sour cream and neufatel cheese. I did add 1/2 cup each of green onion and celery cooked in 4 or 5 strips of bacon."
"I've made this as written, and it's wonderful. Now when I make it, I sub greek yogurt for the sour cream and nobody can tell the difference. Sometimes I add a can of green chilies and/or jalapenos for a little kick."
"I have been making this for a long time. It is a favorite."
"Hardly noticed it was a healthy version! Makes a ton, so bring a hungry bunch!"
"The bowl is empty after every event I've taken this to. I bake it in the oven though, not the microwave."
"I didn't use the lowfat version of anything. This recipe was very green tasting, not overpowered by cheese. I would have liked a creamier taste."
"I made this for a company carry in. I also put it in over at 375 for about 20 min. It was gobbled up quickly."
"I made this for a family dinner party, and they dubbed it "boomerang dip" because you keep coming back for more. haha! It is really good. I will definitely make it again."