Favorite Ham Fried Rice
My husband and I lived in Japan for a few years and came to love that country's ethnic dishes. This dish captures the Asian flavor better than any other recipes I've tried.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (3/4-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2-1/4 teaspoon of oil. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add rice and ham; heat through. Stir in peas and corn; heat through.
- Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; gently fold into rice mixture. Drizzle with soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 260 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Ham Fried Rice in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition