- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture. Add flour; beat just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Fudgy Brownies
"I enjoy brownies from a box more. Sorry!~ Theresa"
"Very easy and delicious. I will make this again."
"Fudgy brownies are something my family loves, and will make many more times. This recipe is simple, delicious, and so easy to make, we'll be keeping it for a long time."
"It was hard to tell when these were done. I did not know what it meant to have moist crumbs.Mary Ellen"