Favorite Dipped Pretzel Rods Recipe
Coated in gooey caramel, then covered with chocolate and peanut butter chips, these decadent dipped pretzels are a delicious way to celebrate. For added variety, make some using butterscotch chips in place of the peanut butter chips.—Connie Banner, Castlewood, Virginia.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with water. In a large shallow bowl, combine chips and pecans.
- 2. Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip each pretzel about one-third of the way into the caramel mixture (reheat in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping). Allow excess caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip mixture. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 209 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Favorite Dipped Pretzel Rods
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC