VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, combine cranberries, walnuts and 1 cup of sugar. In a bowl, cream butter and the remaining sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls over cranberry mixture; carefully spread to cover. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Coffee Cake in Country October/November 1996, p51
Reviews forFavorite Cranbery Coffee Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2015
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2010
"I have made this many times. It is a delicious coffee cake that everyone loves."