Favorite Cranberry Nut Bars
Each fall when cranberries are harvested, I buy many bags and put them in the freezer. That way I can enjoy these delicious berries all year long. This dessert is a favorite at potluck suppers.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, extracts and salt. Add butter. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bars in Country Extra January 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.