Each fall when cranberries are harvested, I buy many bags and put them in the freezer. That way I can enjoy these delicious berries all year long. This dessert is a favorite at potluck suppers.
Recommended: 50 Cranberry Recipes That’ll Brighten Up Your Plate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, extracts and salt. Add butter. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bars in Country Extra January 2001, p49
Reviews forFavorite Cranberry Nut Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2010
"A family favorite!"