Favorite Cranberry Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes4 main-dish servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup. Heat through. Add meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. May also be used as an appetizer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 458 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1423mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 23, 2012
i didn't like the sauce - something about the tomato soup/ cranberry sauce combination was off.
Apr 4, 2011
This is a great recipe! My whole family loves it. Even my grandchildren. The tangy sauce really adds a lot of flavor to the meatballs. It is so easy to fix. Will fix this again and keep the recipe handy. Thanks for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.