Favorite Cranberry Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes4 main-dish servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup. Heat through. Add meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. May also be used as an appetizer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 458 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1423mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 23, 2012
i didn't like the sauce - something about the tomato soup/ cranberry sauce combination was off.
Apr 4, 2011
This is a great recipe! My whole family loves it. Even my grandchildren. The tangy sauce really adds a lot of flavor to the meatballs. It is so easy to fix. Will fix this again and keep the recipe handy. Thanks for the recipe.