Favorite Cranberry Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add syrup and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in egg until blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nov 25, 2014
This was GREAT!! I had to skip the cranberries since they were at home and I was at the cabin, but it was a delicious dessert anyway. Better than the typical apple crisp because of the unique topping--crispy and chewy. I used Rome apples which had a nice flavor and consistency. I will definitely be making this again--with the cranberries!I have made this two more times with cranberries, and it was great! Might try with blueberries... Works well with any cooking apples. A new favorite at our house.
Oct 21, 2014
So good. Topping crisp and pretty. I wondered if the maple syrup would be enough to sweeten the apples and cranberries, it was perfect.My whole family thought it was one of the best crisps they have eaten.
Nov 30, 2013
This was a real hit! I asked my sister to help review it and she said words like "refreshing". "light", "like candy". We also liked the unique topping - not just the usual brown sugar variety. It reminded my sister of a "brittle" almost. The cranberry/apple combination was great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.