- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 48 whole medium mushrooms
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the bread cubes, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside. Remove and chop the mushroom stems; set caps aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and crab in the remaining butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to sauce. Stuff 1 tablespoonful crab mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forFavorite Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
"I have made this recipe twice now, both times to rave reviews. These are moist (not dry at all) and taste fantastic! I used baby portabella mushrooms and ground the stems (for stuffing) very fine in a food processor. Very good!"