I grew up in Louisiana where, as in most of the South, pecan pie is a staple. this tart variation is extra good because it includes chocolate. I decided to up the decadence even more by adding bourbon and drizzling some caramel on top. —Amber Needham, San Antonio, Texas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 12-in. circle. Press pastry onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, bourbon and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour over chocolate chips. Bake until center is just set and crust is golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices. Serve with caramel topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Chocolate-Bourbon Pecan Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p215