Favorite Chiles Rellenos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Sprinkle green chiles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into cheese mixture until blended. Pour over the beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 28, 2013
This was an out-of-the-ordinary, simple, and lowish-carb (if you care about such things, which I don't) main dish. My family liked it, even the two-year-old.
Jan 3, 2011
This recipe is a simplified version of stuffed chile rellenos but it tastes just as good. The cans of chopped green chiles save A LOT of time as you don't need to roast your own peppers.We like to put a little ketchup on top of each serving; it gives it that last little touch.
Jun 22, 2010
this is the best.. I made use a smaller baking dish next time and mix all the ingres. together and try that. but the taste is fab...