My family loves these potatoes. I make a large batch in disposable pans and serve them at all our get-togethers. The holidays aren't the same without them. It's also a great recipe for Christmas morning brunch. —Brenda Smith, Curran, Michigan
Featured In: 15 Favorite Easter Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-12 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, onion dip, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; gently fold in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine; sprinkle with additional parsley. (Potatoes will thicken upon standing.)
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed, increasing covered time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 12 servings
Originally published as Favorite Cheesy Potatoes in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p111
Reviews forFavorite Cheesy Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2016
"one of the best!!!'"