- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 5 cups)
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh chives or parsley
- In a saucepan, cook cauliflower in enough water to cover until tender. Drain and reserve liquid; set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly. Add broth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and stir in 1 cup cooking liquid, cream and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cauliflower and salt. Remove from the heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Sprinkle with chives or parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forFavorite Cauliflower Soup
"Very creamy and tasty!"
"I just made this today! It's a keeper! I cheated and tasted it before the family came in for dinner! YUMMY!! I forgot chives at the store but had plenty of italian parsley in the refrigerator, no worries, it is FABULOUS!!! I highly recommend this recipe!"
"I made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! My mother said, after the first taste, "this is a keeper". That means she loves it! I used light cream instead of half-and half. I used less salt because Mom is on a low-sodium diet and I used low sodium broth. It still tasted wonderful. I will certainly make this again, and again, and again ..."
"easy to make and delicious!"
"Unbelieveably easy and so comforting! I didn't have any cream, so I used fat free evaporated milk instead and it turned out just fine. :)"
"I've made this twice now and it is yummy. All I did was add a little bacon and that made it perfect!"