- 5 medium fresh beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a bowl; add onion. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over beets and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate and served chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Beets
"These were not terrible, but definitely not what I would call my 'favorite'. I roasted the beets because just straight boiling is almost never the best way to get flavor. Even so, I feel like this recipe needs something to add a little bit of sweetness. I probably would not make them again. My boyfriend sneaked his onto my plate when I wasn't looking."