Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 526 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2019
This was really good. Even my husband, who is not a fan or red sauce, liked it. I made it meatless by using a meat substitute. I also made it the night before. I only made half a batch and it was enough for 3 adults and 2 kids with 2 good-sized containers of leftovers! (I did use a full 12 ounce bag of meat substitute instead of half a bag for half the recipe.)
Jan 16, 2019
Thís is the BEST baked spaghetti! I have been making his for several years. I usually make my own sauce, but just as good with a boughten sauce. It freezes well and is a great dish to bring to a potluck dinner. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Dec 31, 2018
This was excellent. I made my sauce wet and used linguine as that was what was on hand. And I added finely diced zucchini and carrots that needed to be used. Needless to say I was able to put 2 casseroles in the freezer and eat the 3rd that night. It wasn't a time saver to make but now I have 2 nights I can pop it in the oven so I guess it evens out. Thanks!
Nov 12, 2018
Tastes just like lasagna but way easier!
Jul 19, 2018
It's E-Z to make and it awesome for a big doings.
Jul 18, 2018
Has anyone frozen this dish?
Jun 12, 2018
This is the BEST baked spaghetti I've made. Used home canned spaghetti sauce otherwise followed the recipe.My family LOVES it!!
Jun 6, 2018
I make this at least twice a month. Everyone loves it
Feb 25, 2018
I've tried quite a few Baked Spaghetti recipes but this is the best one for sure. I did use two jars of sauce: one tomato and basil and the other vodka sauce. I also added some fresh basil to the meat sauce and I used 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt. It was delicious served with a sweet salad and garlic bread. The bonus is having leftovers. Glad I finally found my go to Baked Spaghetti.
Feb 22, 2018
Very, Very Good!!I used 16ounces of Italian sausage and 1/4 lb of ground chuck. Used all mozzarella. And by mistake in this crazy house forgot to put the second layer of cottage cheese in.