VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 miniature croissants
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- Place croissants on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until warmed.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook without stirring until mixture turns an amber color and a candy thermometer reads 330°. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream and butter until smooth.
- Split croissants horizontally. Place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom half of each croissant; replace tops. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (save remaining sauce for another use). Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Faux Profiteroles with Warm Caramel Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p101