Here's a recipe for "chicken nuggets" that's poultry-free. It calls for pound cake in place of chicken, rolled in a "batter" of chopped peanuts. Kids will think they're having dinner for dessert. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- GOLDEN DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Cut cake into 12 slices; cut each slice in half. Cut into irregular nugget-shaped pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; beat on low speed until sugar is moistened. Beat on high until smooth. Dip cake pieces into glaze, then roll in peanuts. Let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with nuggets. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Faux Chicken Nuggets in Country Woman March/April 2006, p39
Reviews for Faux Chicken Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review