Fat-Free Tartar Sauce
I usually keep a batch of this tartar sauce on hand to serve with all types of seafood or fish (like my Heavenly Crab Cakes on page 208). You'll be delighted with its excellent flavor!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 9 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Fat-Free Tartar Sauce in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.