I usually keep a batch of this tartar sauce on hand to serve with all types of seafood or fish (like my Heavenly Crab Cakes on page 208). You'll be delighted with its excellent flavor!
Recommended: 28 Delicious Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Fat-Free Tartar Sauce in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p311