Fat-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in juice and milk. Add pudding mix. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Feb 9, 2011
I thought this was really disgusting. Some people in my family thought it was ok, but I made a different frosting to put on the cake. The entire thing just tasted like really bad vanilla pudding. Even if vanilla pudding is something you really enjoy, I wouldn't recommend making this if looking for cream cheese frosting as the cream cheese completely disappears.
Jul 3, 2010
You can use 1 pack of instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix and 1 of vanilla if you want more cream cheese flavor, I reckon. If you want to slash the calories even more, try using sugar free! I prefer more "thick" and creamy icings, so I might try to add a bit of cornstarch...
Jul 19, 2009
too much pudding taste and not enough cream cheese taste for me, but an ok option for low fat.
Mar 22, 2009