Fat-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in juice and milk. Add pudding mix. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Feb 9, 2011
I thought this was really disgusting. Some people in my family thought it was ok, but I made a different frosting to put on the cake. The entire thing just tasted like really bad vanilla pudding. Even if vanilla pudding is something you really enjoy, I wouldn't recommend making this if looking for cream cheese frosting as the cream cheese completely disappears.
Jul 3, 2010
You can use 1 pack of instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix and 1 of vanilla if you want more cream cheese flavor, I reckon. If you want to slash the calories even more, try using sugar free! I prefer more "thick" and creamy icings, so I might try to add a bit of cornstarch...
Jul 19, 2009
too much pudding taste and not enough cream cheese taste for me, but an ok option for low fat.
Mar 22, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.