Fat-Free Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, onion, pickle relish and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar; mix well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2014
I've made this recipe so many times I can't begin to count them. It is a hit everywhere I serve it. Cut green beans work just as well if you don't have French-style in the house.
Jul 13, 2010
My husband can't stop nibbling on this bean salad!! I had an open can of red kidney beans and didn't want to through them away. I did a search on the website and found this recipe. I also recently served it at a neighborhood gathering. I have had several requests for the recipe!!