Fast Pepper Steak Recipe
This speedy steak recipe comes from my mom's files. It's always been a favorite.—Nicky Hurt, APO, England
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak in oil; drain. Add garlic; saute for 3 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- 2. Add peppers. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 411 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Fast Pepper Steak
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC