VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak in oil; drain. Add garlic; saute for 3 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- Add peppers. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak in Country Woman July/August 2002, p35
Reviews forFast Pepper Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review