Fast Marinated Tomatoes
A dash of cinnamon gives these tasty tomatoes from our home economists traditional Greek flavor. It's a super summer salad.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Red leaf lettuce
- 8 pitted kalmata olives or ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomatoes on a lettuce-lined serving plate. Sprinkle with olives. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, onion, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Drizzle over tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 61 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Tomatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.