- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 4 mandarin oranges, sectioned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low. Cook and stir constantly until almonds are coated with a sugar glaze. Remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients and set aside. Just before serving, toss lettuce, onion and oranges with the dressing and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFast Mandarin Almond Salad
"Very good! I would put the almonds on wax paper to cool."