Fast Lemony Brussels Sprouts
"The tangy lemon glaze and toasted almonds make this easy vegetable dish popular at my table," explains Trisha Kruse from her kitchen in Boise, Idaho. "It even pleases those who say they don't care for brussels sprouts."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring twice; drain.
- Stir in the butter, lemon juice, peel, salt and lemon-pepper. Sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lemony Brussels Sprouts in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.