Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a skillet, cook first four ingredients in butter. Combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 361 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice
"I really enjoy making this dish because it's fast and delicious. I make a few minor modifications -- i double the lemon juice, add some dried basil, and I cook jasmine rice and just add it at the end. My teenage sons love this dish as well!"
"This is a tasty easy dish. I didn't have any peas so I used frozen corn. Next time I am going try Instant Brown Rice. I passing the recipe on to my Granddaughter who is getting married in May."