- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the cabbage, broth, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
"easy , cheap & tasty recipe. I doubled the recipe because I knew it would’ve be enough for 2 even tho it says it serves 2. Then I added salt , pepper and garlic powder to taste."
"This has become one of our favorite go-to weekday suppers. I make as directed except that I use low sodium chicken broth and turkey kielbasa, and I double all the veggies (no need to double the butter or chicken broth when doing this) because I even like it reheated to eat for lunch the next day. DELICIOUS!"
"We have enjoyed this recipe several times and I Just had to write a 5 star review. It is so tasty, easy and healthy. I don't always add the green pepper, but I do add cider vinegar and/or red wine vinegar as part of the liquid. It adds another layer of wonderful flavor. We use turkey sausage and garlic salt instead of plain salt."
"I'm not a great lover of kielbasa however I loved this recipe! The cabbage helped soften the salty flavor. This is a keeper."
"very good added garlic"
"quick, easy and delicious. 20 minutes with the skillet. We ate it with mashed potatoes and carrots and it was perfect. I thought it would be blander (and I think some might like to add more spice of something I guess), but the flavors of the kielbasa and chicken broth saute nicely with the cabbage and salt and pepper. You really don't need much more."