Fast Jiffy Jambalaya
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaf, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 482 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1429mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2010
This was a great recie. A big time saver. I am allergic to Bay leaf so I added some creole seasoning instead. Thanks for an easy tastey recipe.
May 10, 2010
Delicious!! My whole family enjoys this dish, never any leftovers. My husband can smell it when he walks in and gets a big grin, and it's sooo simple to make.