Fast Italian Beef Hoagies
These simple, hearty sandwiches require just a handful of ingredients and go together in a flash. Annie King of North Lewisburg, Ohio writes, “My family thought they were wonderful, and the recipe helped me put leftover pot roast to great use.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices cooked roast beef (1/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- Place buns cut side up on a baking sheet. Place beef on bottom halves; top with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with peppers. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1179mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Beef Hoagies in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.