Fast Fudge Sundaes
For big chocolate taste, I treat my family to this thick ice cream topping. It's a snap to make the fudgy sauce, and we like it better than the store-bought kind. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on medium-high for 30-60 seconds. Stir in the sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on medium for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over ice cream; top with a cherry if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream or cherries): 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fast Fudge Sundaes in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.