Fast Fajita Pita
"These are perfect for busy days," notes Cathy Bell of Joplin, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa, optional
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and fajita seasoning in oil until vegetables are just tender. Add roast beef; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until beef is heated through.
- Place a piece of cheese and a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with beef mixture and tomato. Serve with salsa and ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 351 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Fast Fajita Pita in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005