Fast Easy Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (3 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tuna, tomato, olives and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 242 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.