Fast Easy Mediterranean Chicken
"This colorful cold pasta salad is wonderful for warm days when you don't want to cook," writes Ruth Stone of Loyalton, California. "I like to make it ahead so when we get home from work, It's ready to serve with fruit and whole-grain bread."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (3 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tuna, tomato, olives and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003