Fast and Flavorful Eggs
With a small ingredient list and short cooking time, this delicious recipe is one of my favorites. And with two toddlers vying for my attention, I need all the free time I can get!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a skillet, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Combine eggs, 1/2 cup soup, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook and stir gently until the eggs are set. Stir in bacon. For sauce, heat milk and remaining soup; stir until smooth. Serve over eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 345mg cholesterol, 1310mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Fast and Flavorful Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.