Fast and Fabulous Sausage Fajitas
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- In a skillet, combine sausage, peppers, onion, oregano, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender and sausage heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto tortillas. If desired, top with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Originally published as Fast and Fabulous Sausage Fajitas in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.